Póvoa de Varzim - 252 62 62 47 _______________ Valongo - 224 211 333
Gondomar - 224 671 188 ____________________ Bragança - 273 327 264
Paços de Ferreira - 255 873 585 _______________ Lousada - 255 776 355
etc... ____________________www.lancastercollege.pt

quinta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2017

With you forever (A SHORT STORY)

With you Forever

Ding-dong! - the doorbell kept ringing. My friends were waiting for me so we could ask for sweets in the streets. 
To be honest, I wasn't really excited about that. My grandmother passed away some days ago, and I was really depressed. I just wanted to spend this all Halloween night under my blankets, next to my cuddling toys. 
- Dear, you should go and have fun - mum said.- You can't be under your blankets forever! 
- If you insist...
I put on my sugar skull costume and came out. My friends tried to cheer me up, but it didn't work. I just wanted to go home.
During the walk, my best friend noticed my sadness, so, she tried to scare me.
- BOO! - she screamed. 
I was so distracted with my thougths that I got very scared with that. I don't remember a lot of what happened next, but I remember that I woke up in a creepy foggy place. 
- Where am I? Hello? - I couldn't see anything.
Suddenly, I saw a shadow in the fog. It started geting closer and closer. I was really frightened.
- Bienvenida muchacha! - The shadow was actually a talking skeleton wearing a Mexican hat. 
- Come here, mortal! La fiesta está empezando! - He took my hand and we entered a city full of colorful skeletons wearing big sombreros, just like him.
That place looked familiar to me. That place was very similar to my neighbourhood!  I was confused.
- Where are we? 
- We are in the Country of the Dead! This is the home of people who have already died!
I immediately thought about Grandma. Was she there? I started running as fast as I could. That place was similar to my neighbourhood, so I ran to the second house on the left, Granny's house. 
I carefully opened the door. I immediately heard the sweet sound of Granny's voice:
- Is it you, my little candy? 
- Granny! - I ran to her arms and hugged her. 
- What are you doing here? Did you die? - Granny asked.
- No, I'm alive, but I woke up here and I have no clue why!
- My treasure - she said - you are about to come home again. Here you have my favourite ring. Stay with it, so you'll never forget that I'll always be with you. Forever.
- I love you, Granny!
- And I love you, my daughter.
Suddenly, the fog started covering me. I couldn't see anything! 
I opened up my eyes and I saw my best friend throwing a bucket with water to my face.
- Are you OK? - she asked. - You fainted! 
- I'm a little dizzy, but I'm fine. Let's ask for some candy! 
That was the best Halloween night ever! When I was coming home, I put my hand in my pocket and... there it was! Granny's favourite ring! 
I was confused. Was it a dream? Was it reality? I didn't know, but I was certain that my Granny was, is and will always be with me. Forever! 

THE END... ?

Written by our student, Francisca Moreira

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário