Póvoa de Varzim - 252 62 62 47 _______________ Valongo - 224 211 333
Gondomar - 224 671 188 ____________________ Bragança - 273 327 264
Paços de Ferreira - 255 873 585 _______________ Lousada - 255 776 355
etc... ____________________www.lancastercollege.pt

quinta-feira, 1 de abril de 2021

Beatlemanic

Everyone knows I am a beatlemaniac and it is not difficult for me to explain why I like music so much, especially why I like The Beatles so much.

My question is: How were Paul, George, Ringo and John able to compose original songs that continue to touch generations? That is so incredible, isn't it?


Out of curiosity, although it may not be my favourite song, “Let it be” should be even more appreciated. For those who don't know, Paul McCartney wrote this song because of his mother, who, after dying, appeared to him in a dream, in an anxious time for Paul, and told him that everything was going to be okay and that he just needed to let it be.

This is just one example of the incredible originality, creativity and passion that this band had for music. And now I am concerned about today's singers who can only produce industrial music.

So, can we please go back to the old times and sing loudly “Hey Jude”?

Maybe that's why people think I have an aging soul. Sometimes I feel like I was born at the wrong time. Despite that, I will continue to pay tribute to the Beatles' legacy. 

So if if you're feeling sad, here's a suggestion: listen to “Here comes the sun” and you won't be blue anymore.

 

Eduarda Ribeiro, student at Lancaster College Póvoa de Varzim

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário